Pipe TobaccoUKTobacco, one of the premier retailers of pipe tobacco in the country, have been specialising in all things tobacco for many years and are one of the most respected suppliers in the industry. If you have any requirements for yourself or for a gift for someone, then UKTobacco can happily help.
First established in 1926, the business has been growing from strength to strength that they are now far beyond their humble beginnings. Rather than being just a pipe tobacco retailer, UKTobacco are now offering a fantastic array of lifestyle goods which are all great gift ideas for any occasion.
Once you’ve purchased your tobacco, it’s important that you know to manage the best out of it so that you can have the experience which the manufacturers first set out to give you with every puff.
How to Store
• When you aren’t putting it in your bowl, make sure your pipe tobacco is kept in a cool, dark place.
• Ensure that you keep it in a contained space with lid firmly closed.
• Take precautions and clean out your container beforehand. This is particularly prevalent if you’re in a household with pets.
With these simple precautions, you can be assured that your pipe tobacco remains moisturised, giving it much more longevity and satisfaction per puff.
Filling the Bowl
• Begin by loosely filling your bowl with tobacco before patting it down so that it is compact yet not too much so.
• Repeat this process until it’s at half capacity.
• Continue to pile in the tobacco until it reaches the top before tampering down.
• When it’s at the three quarters of the capacity, lightly place more tobacco on top but leave a small gap.
There’s little more frustrating than not garnering a good puff on your pipe and sometimes it can be as simple a thing as not having the bowl filled properly. The number 1 rule must be to pack it with just about enough tobacco whilst still leaving space for the smoke to adequately swim around in your bowl.
Lighting your Pipe
• Firstly, put down your standard lighter and invest in some pipe lighters. Sulphur present in lighters has a negative effect on flavours so pick some up before you think of lighting up.
• When you strike your match, don’t instantly bring it to your pipe. Instead, allow it to burn for a couple of seconds, allowing the sulphur in the match to effervesce.
• Carefully lower your matchstick to the contents of your bowl, ensuring you avoid burning your fingertips with the angle of your flame.
• Don’t go diving in head first, especially if you’re a first-timer. The knack is to take a couple of short and conserved puffs that in turn, differentiates the true light from the false light
• A common mistake is to try an inhale your pipe smoke. Simply put, this is the completely wrong thing to do. A bad first experience can put you off pipes for life as pipe tobacco is a lot stronger than conventional tobacco and can be overpowering if inhaled.
• Enjoy. With a tall glass of something you can just sit in your favourite chair, puffing away and watching the world go by. This is an experience unlike any other and it should be savoured.